Thursday, July 17, 2008

Grass is green on the other side :(

Why is grass always greener on the other side, no matter which side you are on?
I guess that's how life is...

I remember the time I came to US.. Was so happy about the fact that I got a break from work, studies n the daily grind. I could wake up at my own hours, not worry about being anywhere on time, not worry about meeting targets (was with sales n marketing with a reputed airlines before), not worry about the clients complaints or my boss's kit kit ;)
but how long do you think this new found happiness lasted.. 3 months maybe.. then I started getting bored! started missing mom, her food (as i was/am a very bad cook... hmmm not bad but i don't enjoy cooking much) my relatives n their gossips, roadside shopping, wriggling my way out in the traffic on my cute little scooty.. was so much fun... the same things which i hated were something which i started missing.. the joy that i got when my targets were achieved, the funny boss.. n other stuffs... i think that's one problem with me.. i feel my boss is not fit to be a boss n he reached there.. just coz he a$$ licked n doesn't have the required knowledge n skills or BRAINS :P the idea still remains the same :)

OK back to track.. after 3 months of lazing around n basically doing nothing i started getting bored n bored.. my work permit came through but was not getting any job.. reached the highest point in the pyramid of frustration and was about to explode that's when i got my current job..
Boy! I was so happy to start work again.. first few days i used to wait to go to work.. getting up early n getting ready to work was something that i was looking forward to.. didn't know what Monday morning blues were....but now.. its settled in n its just another routine.. I'm kinda used to the daily rigmarole of life.... but not complaining! coz i know how it is to just sit at home... cook n clean :O

5 comments:

Namratha said...

:D I totally understand what you mean! The grass always looks greener on the other side no matter what u have on this side :P Nice write up!

nidhi said...

Looks like lazy routine has left you frustrated enough. Hope you recover soon. :D
- Nidhi

Srivalli said...

nice write up...:)..hope you off this now!

Anamika:The Sugarcrafter said...

waiting for your new post !lovely read..and thanks for passing by

Unknown said...

Very well written ...the feeling is same here too...:)